Have you ever been walking along your way and suddenly find a small pebble that has embedded itself into the deep dark crevasse of your shoe? At first you don’t notice it too much, and then after a bit it starts to consume all your thoughts.
You don’t stop to remove it because it might slow you down. One little thing out of place, and everything seems like it is slowing you down - from where you were meant to be and what you were meant to be doing at this moment in time.
This week I am going to ask you something simple using this analogy for a problem or challenge in your life:
What is the current pebble in your shoe?
Not clear or having trouble with what it is? Then read these 19 Instructions for Life by the Dalai Lama to see if your own unique pebble can become a little more visible to you.
19 Instructions for Life
by the Dalai Lama
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the Three R’s:
Respect for Self, Respect for Others, and Responsibility for all your actions
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone everyday.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your value.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation, not the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationships is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
As the wise Dr. Seuss had to share in today’s quote, stop just fitting in and let your true self fully stand out. Check for those life pebbles under your shoe (whether business or personal) that can be getting in your way from achieving victory - whatever victory means for you.
Wishing you pain free walking on your journey ahead.
To Your Successes and Victories,