How would you rate yourself as a Marketer? You know that area of every business or organization that allows you to truly lead through the communications you share with the outside world. More pointedly communicating your message with your target audience – those who matter most because they get the most out of your product or service.
Because I am so involved in coaching and training in this area of business it’s a topic I spend many of my business hours thinking and talking about. It really is such a big pain point for many small businesses to be sure. And many don’t even realize how much business they are losing out on because they are not fully sharing their message on a regular basis because of what is perceived as their barriers of entry - time and/or money.
What I also find interesting is how many people are simply handed the reins of marketing in business and either told to just “take care of it” as they are left to “figure” it out. It is almost as if marketing were a child that many feel just needs to be babysat. No instructions are given on the best care for this child to insure that it thrives.
Marketing is in fact about leadership. Marketing is about sending the elevator back down to your target audience to help them along their way with the benefits of using what you have to offer. Marketing is in fact about making it more about them then about you. And marketing for sure is something that is difficult at best for many people to get their arms around.
Perhaps these words of Nelson Mandela say it even better:
“It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.”
This week I want to offer you two things that will assist you in the process:
1. A quick Spot of Courage on the Courage to be the Difference Podcast appropriately entitled – Marketing Matters. This 5 minute listen digs down a little deeper into this topic.
2. An invitation to our newly accessible online Marketing Mastery Program. We currently have only offered this through our year-long Master Mind program. Because the results we have been seeing are so great through the online learning, we have decided to open it up to everyone. If you want to give your marketing a huge boost in the year ahead I invite you to join this program.
Ask yourself this:
- What is the transformational experience you want others to have with your business or organization?
- What is the difference you want to make?
- How has it been working so far?
- And what are the missing components?
- With nearly 5 months of 2016 come ,and gone what message would you like to be sure to get out before this year finishes out?
To Your Successes and Victories,